Atlantis Alumni

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Can't stop puking

After watching about 10 minutes of Newt Gingrich and Joe Lieberman I had to go walk my dog. I felt like I was going to puke. That isn't an exaggeration or a joke. I actually could feel the hamburger I ate for dinner on its' way back.

I'll cut to the chase; the Republican party really isn't a party at all, it's a movement, a way of life. And that way of life is a way that only reacts to problems, looks for easy answers and doesn't actually ask any questions (easy or hard).

The last part of the above sentence is key. That not asking questions part. Human beings can't solve problems until we understand the questions. We can't have any meaningful debate or hope that our elected representatives represent their constituency.

The Republican's did a Hail Mary last night and used the same kind of nationalistic crap the Bush Co. has been using since they architected a war for oil in January of 2001 (please don't be fooled by the cheaply printed "Country First" signs all over the convention).

All I can say is that the hamburger I was pushing up has more substance than what I saw last night. By the way Newt, I saw you jumping the reporter from MSNBC about Sarah Palin. You were right, she has some significant experience that means alot to Republicans; cronyism, scandals and a total disregard for the environment. You were right, she's an absolutely perfect choice.

I hope the American people see through this sham. By the way, I am not so sure the Republicans that re-elected Joe Lieberman in CT are too happy with their choice either. The guy has sent many more $$$ to Baghdad than helping to create new jobs in New Haven. Stop by New Haven some time and see how Holy Joe's city is doing. Besides Yale University (which will always be there)the next biggest employer is iKea. Ever try to live off an iKea salary Joe?

Regardless of how I feel, a Salon.com reporter Walter Shapiro said it best in an article today "Why should the voters, worried about the economy and weary of war, reward the party of George W. Bush with another four years in the White House?" Ask the questions.

M

No comments: