Atlantis Alumni

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Animals Have Feelings Too

"...the tide of history is moving toward the protection of animal rights, and the brutal conditions in which they are sometimes now raised will eventually be banned. Someday, vegetarianism may even be the norm." - Nicholas D. Kristof in The New York Times 7/31/08

One of the benefts of my new low cholesterol diet is the almost complete elimination of animal flesh from my diet, except when I eat family meals - my life partner is not on the plan. When I eat by myself I consume vegetable-based substitutes like veggie suasage and soy cheese. I actually like the stuff.

I have been concerned throughout my life with the ethical problem raised in connection with eating animals. I gave up "red" meats years ago and I try to limit my poultry consumption. If I had to kill to live I'd be in trouble. I'm glad I'm now moving closer to my ideal which would be an exclusively vegetarian diet.

Jim

No comments: