Atlantis Alumni

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Back To The Beach

Bradley (the dog) and I opened the summer house on Monday. It's always "exciting" to return to Fire Island in the Spring, but not always in pleasant ways. This time I returned to find the power lines broken so I had only limited power, and I found two pipes that had burst over the winter due to water freezing in them. Why that happened is a mystery, since we hire a plumber to blow out the pipes and close the house for in the Fall. Luckily, I was able to get the power company to come out within a few hours and fix that problem. The plumber repaired the pipes on Tuesday morning.

Wednesday was a beautiful day. On our afternoon walk we saw these two gulls standing in the bay shallows.

It's great to be back out at the seashore.

Jim

No comments: