Atlantis Alumni

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Will the antics never cease?

I don't believe any of the crap I hear from the Government, my employer, nobody. "Just trust us" is all of the BS I keep hearing. I heard that for Iraq, I've heard that for this financial mess created by the greedy bastards that are charging 21% interest rates. On and on. I haven't seen any justification or evidence to lead to me to believe the right thing is getting done for the economy. We still seem to tie our financial well-being to our real freedoms and I think that's a mistake.

It isn't that I don't want to trust people. I actually still do trust people, real people that is. Companies and governments hide behind contracts, emails, call centers and especially fine print. I'm watching one of my friends try to keep his house. He's a brilliant woodworker, probably one of the best anywhere. Yet the bank is trying to foreclose on his home, eventhough it burned down, he was divorced and his carpentry contracting has gone to exactly zero. All in one year.

I could go on about my own experiences however I am a little leery of discussing them in a blog. I am still livng them and frankly, my employer is fairly punitive, they wouldn't hesitate to fire me in a NY Minute.

So let's leave it at this: maybe before everyone starts saying how bad everyone else sucks we try to walk a mile or two in their shoes. It'll change your perspective.

I know this is an old line but it is one that most of the CEO's of our country seem to have found elusive: Do unto others as you would have them to unto you....

Marc

No comments: