Atlantis Alumni

Friday, August 14, 2009

Woodstock 40th Anniversary

40 years ago this month I made plans with a buddy from my rock band to go to Woodstock. We didn't have much money, and I was working a summer job to help pay my college tuition. We were going to drive from Philly in my then 19 year old Plymouth jalopy (my car was as old as I was.) As the date approached, it became apparent that we would not be able to swing it financially, and even if we could my old car would probably not make it, so at the last minute we decided not to go. Instead, I did the responsible thing and worked at my summer job that mid August weekend in 1969. I've regretted not going to Woodstock ever since, but even those of us who weren't there still have the music, and through the music we can keep the Woodstock spirit of love and peace alive.

Jim

No comments: