Atlantis Alumni

Monday, September 26, 2011

Together For A Fun Weekend




I met Dan in New York City on Saturday. We had lunch at one of our favorite restaurants (Landmarc in the Time-Warmer building) before attending a matinee performance of the New York City Ballet. The performance was great. We saw the new ballet by Sir Paul McCartney and Peter Martins entitled "Ocean's Kingdom," followed by Balanchine spectacular "Union Jack," which we had not seen for many years. The new ballet was interesting but uneven. However, "Union Jack" is just a remarkable spectacle that features a lot of great music, precision choreography, and beautiful costumes. I could not have enjoyed it more.

Since we were in New York we could not attend the memorial service for Cherry Grove year around resident Michael Guerette held out in Cherry Grove. As one Grove resident said about him..."he's the only one who lives here that everyone liked." Michael was very low key. One snowy April 1st I arrived in the Grove to open our house. With a grin Michael asked me if I was glad I came out to the Grove in the snow. I said "sure!." He just smiled. I'll never know whether he was being ironic or not.

It was great to see Dan again after two weeks apart. The animals were glad to see him too. Dan took the lovely beach and sky photo above on Sunday.

No comments: