Atlantis Alumni

Friday, May 13, 2016

Early Season Deck and Garden Highlights

Yesterday was such a beautiful day here on Fire Island. I got a lot of work done on the deck. I planted the specimen in the photo above, a Calynopsis ("pocketbook plant,") and a Canna Lilly in our large deck container. I re-potted my beautiful orchid that has bloomed twice for me since I got it as a get well gift last year from friends Cindy and Patrick after my heart surgery. I also planted some of the specimens we purchased on Wednesday and I divided two hanging baskets containing geraniums and torinias. The highlight of the lower garden currently is the beautiful lilac bush that I planted about 15 years ago. The gardenia is several years old, a plant that I purchased from Michael Guerette, who used to run the garden shop here is Cherry Grove, until his untimely death a few years ago. I think of him when the plant blooms in the spring each year.

No comments: