Atlantis Alumni

Monday, March 2, 2020

It's Good Mayor Pete Has Quit

I was initially impressed and delighted with his candidacy. However, as the campaign progressed and I found out more about what he actually advocates I was disheartened. In the face of obscene wealth inequality and people unable to afford basic healthcare, the Mayor's positions on social justice issues came up severely lacking. Perhaps he will grow and if he does he has a great future, I'm sure. But I'm not sorry to see him gone now. We need candidates willing to support real economic and social justice. Such a candidate we have in Senator Sanders. I'm proud to support him and I'm confident that he can and will beat the criminal president if the nomination is not stolen from him. At age 71, I've lived long enough to have put my body on the line as I did in the 80s and 90s AIDS crisis and in the battle for gay rights and before in the 60s and 70s for an end to war and for social and economic justice. I expect no less form the candidates who solicit my vote. Mayor Pete came up short this time but I have hopes for him in the future.

No comments: