Atlantis Alumni

Saturday, March 1, 2008

My Compromise....

I post this beautiful car to the left to indicate one thing. If it were a presidential candidate it definitely would not be in this race.

The two cars I get to pick from are more like a Republican Hugo or a Democratic Nano car. Ok, so the Tata Nano might be newer and have a more hopeful engine but it still isn't what I wanted.

Unfortunately, as I said in my last post, I'll have to compromise with presidential candidates. I have to assume the Democrat can't possibly fuck up any worse than our current administration has (somehow, that would be just too hard to believe).

The one thing I can't get away from is how voting has become more like gambling. In gambling, the odds are always in favor of the house. If I look at the Obama Campaign vs. McCain, neither of them really walks away a loser. Both have great Senate jobs and will always be powerful state players (if they choose to avoid the lobbying circuit). And even the lobbying circuit is like a slot machine. They can put in coins from tax payers and eventually they'll get a huge payout.

But there's always a loser and in this case, it will probably be me. See, I am the middle class butthead that's been financing GW's tax cuts and will probably finance any McCain or Obama recovery package. My tax bill this year was stratospheric. Really, it was beyond ridiculous. Again, who loses and who wins with either candidate?

Marc

No comments: