Atlantis Alumni

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Obama Still Choking On Marriage Equality

From the Huffington Post:
Interviews with more than a dozen party officials and activists reveal that despite widespread and growing support for marriage equality among Americans, the issue is still viewed as politically sensitive in the top ranks of the Democratic Party. While many high-profile figures have publicly advocated for including strong language in the platform, the Obama campaign and the allied Democratic National Committee are searching for ways to split the difference: showing support for equality but stopping short of a full-fledged endorsement.
Split the difference? Obama and top Democrats want to "split the difference" when it comes to my marriage to my husband? Yet, they expect my vote in November. I think I'll split the difference and vote Green Party, where there is unqualified support for my marriage.

No comments: