Atlantis Alumni

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Problems With Two Democrats

It's a rainy Wednesday here in Philadelphia...and unseasonably warm. I'm thinking about putting up our holiday tree, but I don't want to drag one home in the rain, so that will have to wait until later this week.

I can't believe the arrogance and stupidity of the Democratic governor of Illinois, getting busted for pedaling a senate seat. That is really disgusting. Someone who is elected ought to be held to the highest standards of conduct, but apparently in Illinois there must be something in the air or on the water or somewhere, because a whole series of governors there have ended up in jail. This current elected criminal ought to be sent to the pen for a long, long time.

Another Democrat, our president elect, continues to mold his new administration in a fashion not too comforting to progressives who supported him. I do not approve of keeping Gates at Defense. That's not change, that's more of the same. Most of the rest of his appointments including Hillary are to his right politically. Oh I know he has said that these experienced hands will implement his new agenda of change, but I"m skeptical. The transition has already leaked stories to the effect that Obama will delay his promises to raise taxes on the wealthy and end "Don't Ask; Don't Tell." This seems like more of the same political crap to me. I hope I'm wrong.

Jim

No comments: