Atlantis Alumni

Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Catholic Fanatics Are At It Again!

So, the latest from the religious fanatics on the right comes from the Catholic League, which is calling for a boycott of the movie "The Golden Compass." According to a report I watched on local TV news this morning, the Catholics are upset in part because "the movie promotes atheism." Well, the last time I checked we were still a pluralistic society, so I don't see anything wrong with promoting atheism. The Catholics promote Catholicism all the time. Why shouldn't we atheists be able to promote atheism?

Author Philip Pullman, who wrote the book on which the movie is based, has this to say about Catholic League chief nutcase William Donohue:
"Why don't we trust readers? Why don't we trust filmgoers? Oh, it causes me to shake my head with
sorrow that such nitwits could be loose in the world."

Nitwits indeed!

PHOTO: The third in the series of Macy's Phila. holiday windows.

Jim

No comments: