Atlantis Alumni

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Celebrating The Solstice

Here's another view of the interesting holiday display at the Bellevue Stratford hotel in downtown Philadelphia. Yesterday was the winter solstice, the event and the day that I like to say is my December holiday to celebrate. Dan and I marked the day with a most enjoyable trip to New York City. I saw "Edward II" off Broadway, which was terrific, and Dan attended "War And Peace" at the Metropolitan Opera. I took in the Rockefeller's Center tree and the stores along Fifth Avenue, and after our matinees we met at Grand Central Station, where we enjoyed the holiday light show and the Transit Museum Store with its' toy train displays. Finally we had dinner at one of our favorite Japanese venues in Manhattan. Now that's the way to celebrate the holidays!

Jim

No comments: