Atlantis Alumni

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sunday, Busy Sunday

I had a table at a local toy train show today. This was the first time I actually sold stuff at one of these shows. After a while, after several years of collecting, the time has come for me to adjust my toy train collection and sell off some of the items that I bought long ago in which I am no longer acutely interested. The benefits of this sort of thing to a collector are: 1. it makes room for new acquisitions; and 2. the money raised is welcome. So I was busy for a good part of the day today at the train meet. I had a good time and I did sell some stuff.

I also managed to listen to a couple of the Sunday morning political shows. The most interesting thing I heard on one of the shows, the Chris Matthews Show, was that ten of his regular guests were polled and they all thought that Obama would be the Democratic presidential nominee. Myself, I think it's too early to write off Hillary. Anyway, it has been fun to observe the fallout from the Iowa caucuses. Obama really shook things up on the Democratic side. Huckabee's win also disrupted the best laid plans of Mitt the flip-flopper, which made my heart glad. This week comes New Hampshire. It will be fun to watch even though I don't like any of the leading candidates on either side of the aisle.

Jim

No comments: