Atlantis Alumni

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Day VII: I'm Being Discharged From The Hospital!

Hooray! I'm being discharged this afternoon with a recommendation for surgical aortic valve replacement. My cardiologist, Marty Keane, was formerly at Penn but he is now at Temple. He has recommended a surgeon that Temple just lured away form the Arizona Heart Institute, Gray Wheatley. Marty also gave me another name at Penn, Wilson Szeto, so I'll meet with both of them. I have time because I have to wait for any neurological damage from last week's incident to heal. It looks like my surgery will be around late January/early February, I feel good about everything and I feel good physically so I just have to stay healthy until I can get rid of the bad valve that is causing the problem.

No comments: