Atlantis Alumni

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Cloudy Day for an Island Paradise

For lunch, we returned to one of the most comfortable restaurants on the island, Santa Fe in Lurin. It has a beautiful hill top site overlooking the ocean. Though today it’s been both windy and mizzling –to use my dear friend Carole’s Scots expression for light rain—on and off. I ordered a Caesar salad and a baby artichoke in a broth to start out. A strange spoon was served with the artichoke; part tablespoon and part fork (see pics.) I told Jim the spoon’s mother was a regular spoon and its father a fork, thus its hybrid form. (You can forgive my weird image since I’m sometimes a poet.) Jim had penne pasta in a light tomato sauce. But the best of the first dishes was my lightly grilled mahi-mahi, very tender and complemented by a tomato sauce and pesto. It was served on a round bed of mashed potato. The dessert was even more imaginative: profiteroles in the shapes of miniature swans, with a delicious chocolate sauce.--Dan

No comments: