Atlantis Alumni

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Transition For A Long Time Good Friend



I've known my friend Rich for over 40 years. We met when we were in high school. Rich is a percussionist, and I play trombone. We both had the same music director at our respective high schools, the remarkable Dr. Donald S. Reinhardt. "Doc" as we used to cal him - was a terrific teacher and musician, and a great human being. Rich and I worked together as musicians for many years.
This is Rich's family's summer home in Ocean City, New Jersey. Rich and his family were so kind to so many people over the years in sharing their house and their warm hospitality. I have many, many fond memories of the old house, so I share with Rich the fondness for the old place even as he is in the process of building a wonderful new home on the lot. Rich and his family have all of my best wishes for much happiness in the new house. They deserve the best because they're great people. I'm fortunate to have Rich as a friend.
Jim

No comments: