Atlantis Alumni

Monday, August 6, 2007

Pines Biennial Art Show

The Pines Biennial Art Exhibit will be held this Saturday from 1:30 to 4:30 PM. There will be about two dozen artists and sculptors exhibiting. Dan will have about 2o paintings in the show. The venue is a large double house compound on Seaview walk. Paintings are displayed on the walls of the houses and on the fencing. Sculptures are placed poolside or in open areas on the deck. It's really a spectacular show and the artwork looks great outdoors.

It's only early August but Fall was in the air out here on the island this past weekend. It got so cool the other night that I actually put a blanket on the bed. I'm sure it will get hot again, but we've been enjoying the beautiful cooler weather. The water is warm and yesterday it was so clear that you could see your toes while standing chest deep in the ocean. I saw a school of tiny fish as I was swimming and in past years I've even seem warm water tropical fish like Sergeant Majors while swimming here. When the winds are favorable we often get warm water currents that I suspect are offshoots from the Gulf Stream. The color of the water is a beautiful mint green. Today I'll wear my diving mask and snorkel and see if I can spot some special warm water visitors off shore.

Jim

No comments: